Do you have ideas, goals, or challenges you have been working through? Would you like an opportunity to have a chat to someone with similar lived experience? If so, peer mentoring may be useful.
You are the expert in knowing what is best for you however sometimes talking to someone outside of your regular circle may help you gain clarity and assist in providing you with more information and opportunities.
At PDCN, we offer one-on-one peer mentoring to people with physical disability and to parents of children or young people with disability.
Some examples of topics that you may wish to discuss are:
- Information and a better understanding of any aspect of the NDIS
- Self-advocacy, assertiveness, and your rights or the rights of your child
- Resilience during and beyond the coronavirus pandemic
- Enhancing independence
- Adapting to change
- Barriers – internal or external
- Practical living skills
- Travel accessibility (local, interstate and overseas)
- Accessing your community and activities
Our team have a wealth of knowledge with lived experience of disability. If you are interested in individual peer mentoring or a less formal chat, please contact us or register your interest using the form below.