Housing NSW, an agency of the NSW Department of Family and Community Services (FACS) is a provider of social housing, providing a range of housing solutions to meet the needs of today’s community.
In partnership with the community, industry and individuals, Housing NSW provides safe, decent and affordable housing opportunities for those most in need so that they can live with dignity, find support if needed and achieve sustainable futures.
Some of the services offered by Housing NSW include:
- Public housing – Property and tenancy management for households living in over 122,000 public housing homes.
- Community housing – Funding of not-for-profit organisations to provide property and tenancy management for more than 19,000 properties.
- Aboriginal housing – Property and tenancy management for more than 4,300 properties owned by the Aboriginal Housing Office (AHO).
- Linking support services – The development of partnerships with other government agencies and community organisations to support households with special needs living in social housing.
- Private Rental Assistance – The provision of financial assistance to low-income households renting in the private sector.
- Private Rental Subsidy – The provision of subsidies for people with disabilities or living with HIV/AIDS who rent in the private market.
- Home purchase assistance – Advice and financial assistance for home buyers.
- Affordable housing – The development of low cost housing options with the private sector.
- Domestic and Family Violence – provides a range of assistance to help eligible clients in need
To find out more information about the services provided by Housing NSW please go to their website at www.facs.nsw.gov.au/housing/help.
Link2home is the new, statewide homelessness information and referral telephone service.
It brings together several homelessness telephone services including the Homeless Persons Information Centre (HPIC), Youth Connect and the After Hours Temporary Accommodation (TA) line.
For information, assessment or referral to homelessness services and support in NSW, call Link2home on 1800 152 152.
Link2home is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, every day of the year.
From 9am to 10pm daily, Link2home provides callers with information, assessments and referrals to homelessness support and accommodation services across NSW.
Between the hours of 10 at night and 9 in the morning, Link2home provides information and assessment only and will refer people to emergency services if required. Referral to accommodation and support services will not be possible during these hours.
Callers to Link2home will receive one or more of the following:
- information about local services
- an assessment to determine what kind of help is needed
- referral to appropriate specialist homelessness services, support services, temporary accommodation and/or other services.
Link2home also provides information about homelessness services across NSW to SHS providers and homelessness advocates acting on behalf of clients.
For more information about Link2home, you can visit the website at this link.
The Housing Hub
The Housing Hub is a new way for people with disability to find suitably accessible housing options. Their website advertises vacancies for apartments and houses that are owned by housing providers. It also has a library of useful information about housing options and planning your move.
Visit their website here www.thehousinghub.org.au.