07 Apr 0
Our new group initiative “Meeting Place: PDCN Peer Support Group” has been launched. The group’s objectives are the same as our face-to-face real-life community groups. To:
- Increase connection by participants to each other and/or their community
- Increase individual capacity of participants to have voice, choice and control in their lives
- Increase knowledge by participants in the NDIS and other services and supports available to them
- Increase in confidence of participants in navigating the NDIS.
- Increase people’s interaction with the NDIS pre-planning and implementation of plans
Graham Newling, the DSO Peer Support Project Officer is the group facilitator and moderator of our new Facebook group.
Contact Graham on 1800 688 831
Joining the group
Apply to be a group member, if you have experienced a physical disability, (carers are included), and are
• over the age of 16
• willing to be honest and open
• a resident of NSW.
The group is moderated to ensure that all published posts are respectful and accurate.
Group members are encouraged to contribute to our discussions with
• Personal information
• Emotional informational
• Incidental information in a positive way.
Join via Facebook now: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1266995046670930/