Join our small but dynamic team as our Policy lead, helping to build empowered, inclusive communities for people with physical disabilities throughout NSW through advocacy, education, information and capacity building initiatives.
A problem solver with an analytical mind who can influence and affect change, the Policy Officer is responsible for leading PDCN’s systemic advocacy and policy position development, as well as preparing policy responses and submissions, and proactively lobbying government and other stakeholders on the needs of people with physical disabilities.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Analyse and identify emerging policy issues and priorities within the disability sector
- Provide strategic advice to CEO on policy direction and development
- Develop policy papers, position statements, briefings, reports and written submissions
- Develop and maintain networks and relationships
- Facilitate opportunities for discussion between Government representatives on key policy issues, ensuring PDCN influence the agenda on a State and National level
- Coordinate internal research and analysis in relation to policy development
- Other projects and duties as identified by Executive Officer
Persons with a physical disability are encouraged to apply.