PDCN has been funded by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) to establish peer support groups for people with disability facilitated by people with disability. PDCN is currently involved in ten peer groups across New South Wales.
The groups welcome all members of the community with a disability, you are not required to be an NDIS participant to attend a meeting.
The purpose of peer support groups is:
- A chance to build peer networks with people with disability
- An opportunity to build individual capacity and the capacity of the groups by learning from each other and by bringing in guest speakers
- A place to start thinking about what you want from your lives and how you could participate in a full and meaningful life
- A space to understand and engage with the NDIS through the provision of information and resources
- A collaborative approach to engaging with and educating the broader local community to enhance community inclusion
Find out more information about a workshop
Please provide your details below and we will be in touch soon with more information on the group.